Did you know that when you order a TisBest Philanthropy Charity Gift Card you can customize the image that prints on the card? We know that charitable giving is often very personal and we like to offer our donors the ability to fully individualize their Charity Gift Cards. One of the benefits of printing all of our cards in-house is that we get to see some amazing user-generated images.
Recently our team was discussing updating our images and because of the great images we’ve seen our users contribute, we thought we would put a call out for user-generated images. If you have an image (either a photograph you’ve taken or a graphic design you’ve created) that you think would make a great Charity Gift Card, follow the instructions below to enter it into our User Images Contest!
We will pick up to six winners. Each winner will have their work featured on the TisBest Philanthropy Website for at least the remainder of 2017. Each winner will also receive a TisBest Charity Gift Card featuring their design, and will have the option to be featured on the TisBest Philanthropy blog and social media.
- You must be the creator/photographer of your image. If your image features people, we will need each model (or their parent if they are a minor) to sign a release.
- Images need to be 974 pixels wide x 606 pixels high
- Images need to be .jpg, .jpeg, or .png file types
- File must be smaller than 3MB
- To ‘preview’ how your image will look, click the Buy a Gift Card tab above and then select the ‘Upload My Own Image’ button
- Dark backgrounds work better than light backgrounds and try to avoid large areas of light yellows and light oranges
- If you are working in Photoshop, download our charity gift card PSD template here.
- Images should work for one or more of the following themes:
- Mother’s Day
- Teacher Gifts
- Thank You
- Valentine’s Day
To enter please email your image to UserImages@tisbest.org. You may enter up 5 images, please email each separately. Please include your name, age, address, and which category you feel your image best represents from the list above. By emailing an image you are agreeing to the contest rules which are posted below.
Please read carefully!
The TisBest User Design Contest is sponsored and administered by TisBest Philanthropy, a 501(c)(3) organization with a charitable mission of promoting more gifts of good and fewer gifts of stuff. Its principle place of business is located at 13751 Lake City Way NE, Seattle, WA 98125
BY ENTERING THIS COMPETITION, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- FOR ENTRANTS
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE: The TisBest User Design Contest is open to all photographers and graphic designers worldwide who are at least 18 years of age, except employees and board members of TisBest Philanthropy, their immediate families and individuals living in the same household as employees and board members. TisBest Philanthropy reserves the right to verify, in its sole judgment, entrant eligibility.
- HOW TO ENTER: All entrants may enter at this link, providing contact information. Entrants must agree to these rules by checking the appropriate box. Entrants can then begin uploading their images. Each image must be entered into one of the 12 categories (see below). Photographers and designers may enter all images in a single category or select different categories for different photos. Photos may be color or black and white. You do not need to upload all photos at once.
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The The TisBest User Design Contest opens at 12:01 am North American Pacific Standard Time (PST) on February 13, 2017 and the final date for submitting photos is April 13, 2017, at 11:59 pm North American Pacific Daylight Time. TisBest philanthropy anticipates notifying winners by early May 2017. TisBest Philanthropy may modify the Contest Entry Period at its sole discretion.
- ENTRY INFORMATION: All photos/designs must be submitted with a complete application form. The judges use this information to help them select the winners. Not providing full information may disqualify your entry by the judges.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to ALL photographers/desinat least 18 years of age.
- CATEGORIES: Photographers must enter each image in one of the following categories. The same photo cannot be entered in more than one category. Judges reserve the right to switch images to other categories.
- Mother’s Day
- Teacher Gifts
- Thank You
- Valentine’s Day
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: Only digitally uploaded images, emailed to email@example.com can be entered. Mailed or shipped entries will not be accepted. Entrants encountering technical problems may email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. Images should be 974 pixels wide x 606 pixels high. File must be smaller than 3MB. To ‘preview’ how your image will look, click the ‘Shop’ link at www.tisbest.org and then select the ‘Upload My Own Image’ button. Dark backgrounds work better than light backgrounds, and try to avoid large areas of light yellows and light oranges
- JUDGING: Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit. Judges will include TisBest Philanthropy staff members.
- PRIZES: The winners will be notified by email. Each winner (up to 6 winners total) will receive a TisBest Philanthropy Charity Gift Card, to be gifted or donated to the charity of the winner’s choosing to any charity on the TisBest Philanthropy Platform.
- BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the TisBest User Design Contest, Entrant must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). Because these Rules form a legally binding agreement with respect to this Contest, please read them carefully. If Entrant does not agree to the Rules, Entrant is not eligible to participate in the TisBest User Design Contest or to win any of the prizes. Entrant agrees that his/her registration as an individual participant under the TisBest User Design Contest constitutes his/her agreement to these Rules.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Entrants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of the photographs they enter except for the following: Your entry to the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your entered photographs/designs—and your name, occupation, city, state, country of residence and photo/design Information —to be published as Winners on the TisBest Philanthropy Website, to be used an available “stock image” for TisBest Charity Gift Cards, in TisBest Philanthropy Social Media Accounts, in the TisBest Philanthropy Electronic Newsletter , and you grant to TisBest Philanthropy and its licensees the perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the TisBest User Design Contest, and promotion for the TisBest User Design Contest, in any media now or hereafter known.
- CHOICE OF LAW: The TisBest User Design Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved with the Companies, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the TisBest User Design Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, before a court of competent jurisdiction located in King County, WA, which court shall apply the laws of the State of Washington without regard for rules of conflicts of law. In any such dispute, participant shall, under no circumstances, be entitled to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the TisBest User Design Contest. Participant hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- DELIBERATE ACTS: Any attempt by an entrant or other individuals to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the TisBest User Design Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, TisBest User Design Contest its affiliated organizations, and each of their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives (hereinafter “the Companies”) reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- TAXES: All federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prize packages are the sole responsibility of the winners. Return of any prize and/or prize notification as undeliverable or failure of any entrant to comply with any Official Rules may result in disqualification.
- FORCE MAJEURE: If, for any reason, the TisBest User Design Contest is not capable of completion as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Companies that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the TisBest User Design Contest, the Companies reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the TisBest User Design Contest.
- WARRANTY: By entering, participants warrant that his or her entry materials are original, do not infringe on any third party’s rights, and that participant has obtained any necessary permissions from any third party if a third party or third party’s property appears in the photograph. TisBest Philanthropy reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it finds in its sole discretion that any of the foregoing warranties are not true. Decisions of TisBest Philanthropy shall be final and binding.
- RELEASE: By entering, participants release and hold the Companies from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or related to the TisBest User Design Contest, any prize won, any use of the entry materials by TisBest Philanthropy, the warranties participants make, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any TisBest User Design Contest-related activity, or participation in the TisBest User Design Contest.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will the Companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, or their directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of participant’s access to and use of the Companies’ websites, or the downloading or uploading and/or printing of material from said sites. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Companies’ sites is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so some of the foregoing limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions. TisBest Philanthropy is not responsible for lost, damaged, late or misdirected photographs, or for uploading connections, garbled transmissions, unauthorized intervention or technical malfunctions. Void where prohibited. The Companies are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the TisBest User Design Contest, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the TisBest User Design Contest, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. The Companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, photographs. The Companies are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer on-line systems, software, or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information in the TisBest User Design Contest.
- HOW TO CONTACT US: Questions and inquiries regarding contest rules or technical matters, including problems uploading photos, can sent to email@example.com